If you are thinking about purchasing a radar detector, then this Valentine One Radar Detector review is just the thing for you! This product is one of the top radar detectors around nowadays mainly thanks to its features and design.
This Valentine One Radar Detector review is here to help you establish if this is the device for you and to do so, we’ll start with a detailed rundown of its features.
Then, we’ll be taking a look at what users have to say about it, and also at its pros and cons. You also get a simple, step-by-step guide on how to install the Valentine One V1.
About the Valentine One V1 Radar Detector
The very first radar detector from this company came out way back in 1992. Until now, most of the products have kept their original design, and this includes the Valentine One V1.
You may consider this a disadvantage, but this Valentine One Radar Detector review can show you that it has more benefits than downfalls because of this.
The Valentine One is simplistic and has dual antennas, which make sure that the device will warn the user about radar threats or bogeys. It features a directional arrow notification system that is clear and easy to understand. The antennas face opposing directions as one looks forward while the other looks back.
Thanks to this, you get a more accurate radar detection and are also presented with the band and the strength of the signal. This radar detector can also tell you how many bogeys are in a specific location.
Plus, it also comes with laser detection, so you will know precisely when the officers are using high-tech radars.
The product may have retained its old look, but it comes with updated software and hardware. It is also compatible with the Valentine smartphone app, which lets you control the operation of the device.
PROs and CONs of the Valentine One V1 Radar Detector
Pros of the Valentine One V1 Radar Detector
- Offers a good range and can detect various types of signals
- Useful and efficient visual alert system
- Quick response
- Simple to use, even among first-time radar owners
- Durable and comes with a long and flexible cord which you can straighten or coil
The familiar face of this product makes it easily recognizable among the sea of devices that you can find on the market nowadays. However, this Valentine One V1 Radar Detector review confirms that despite its old-timey look, this gadget is fully up-to-date with the latest tech.
It is a great tool for detecting a variety of signals and bands. You can also rest assured that you won’t be missing any of them thanks to its visual alerts that is easily visible even on a bright day. Meanwhile, the LEDs readily dim at night, thanks to the photocell in the unit so that it won’t bother your eyes then.
Cons of the Valentine One V1 Radar Detector
- May give some false K-band alarms
- Limited number of features
- Some users are not content with the outdated look
Many users want more features from this product, such as auto-mute and selectable bands, and a more modern look. You might also have to deal with false alarms, which is never pleasant, and users should read the warranty carefully.
How to Install the Valentine One Radar Detector
This Valentine One Radar Detector review will also provide you with installation instructions. This gadget is easy to mount even if you have also purchased the remote display, which is an optional item.
With the remote display, you can have the main unit’s lights out so that other people, including law enforcement officers, will not see them. The detector receiver can be installed even on the windshield, which will allow you to detect radars and lasers with high visibility and sensitivity.
You don’t have to cut holes in your dash components to install this device. You can also avoid having the power wire hanging down from the windshield to connect to a power outlet.
Here are the steps you should take when installing this detector (without any issues):
- It is important to know that the detector works best when installed high on the windshield.
- You can select between a windshield mount and a visor mount.
- If you decide to mount it on a visor, you will need to slide the visor mount first.
- Then clip it to the visor and place it near the center of the windshield.
- After that, you should adjust the angle of the visor to level the unit.
- Connect the power cord.
- Plug the power cord into the lighter socket of your vehicle.
- Meanwhile, if you decide to mount it on the windshield, you should also slide the windshield mount to the radar detector.
- The next step is to press the suction cups close to the windshield’s center part.
- Adjust the angle by pressing Thumb Tab and sliding the unit at the same time.
- Mount it until you achieve the right position.
- Connect the power cord and plug it into your car’s lighter socket.
- You can release the radar from the windshield using the Release Bar wire.
The Conclusion of this Valentine One Radar Detector Review
As this Valentine One Radar Detector review has gone to show, while this gadget may not take advantage of all the benefits of modern technology, including GPS, it is still one of the best radar and laser detectors devices on the market.
It is also especially useful on highways, where it can beat most of its competitors. Also, you should find it easy to adjust its volume and sensitivity due to the knobs mounted on its digital display.
If you own or used this Valentine One radar detector, what can you say about its efficiency and your overall experience with it?